Friday, December 10, 2010

do you carry a $15,000 handbag? me either....

Some people like pediped shoes.  After learning that they have a penchant for trying to force smaller mom owned businesses out of operation using nasty "legal" maneuvers, I think otherwise.  Seems they don't like legitimate competition that might cut into their millions of dollars in profits.  Wow.  Seriously?  No room for some small start up to try and make a go at it too?  After looking into this some more, I see they've filed suit or apparently threatened dozens of others with legal action as well.  They like to send out nasty sounding letters.  



But thank you to the good honest folks at Tabberone who bring these dirty little secrets to light.  There is a laundry list of items that I vow to NEVER BUY AGAIN!!! After learning of some of the legal atrocities committed by some companies, I will spend my money elsewhere. Oh, and I don't carry a $15,000 handbag either.  But apparently someone else does...must be selling lots and lots of overpriced shoes to justify that.


LIKES TO BUY WIFE HANDBAGS....
QUOTED FROM THE WEBSITE "BAGSNOB"
"First, let me say a HUGE thank you for all you help securing this bag. You are the greatest and she LOVED this gift. The birkin is an amazing bag, the quality of the materials, the craftsmanship, the perfection of this bag make it more of a work of art than just a mere handbag. I was really impressed by it when I opened the box.
The birkin cannot even be compared to other handbags that I saw at Saks, Neiman or Chanel when I was looking for the right gift. To compare this masterpiece with those other bags is similar to saying that both Tiffany’s and Kay's sell sapphires. There is no comparison.
How does a husband justify the cost? Simple, it is worth it.
It is about the same price as:
3-4 lesser bags that she will never use,
it is less than 10 days in Manhattan for a wedding,
it is 1/3 of the cost of the 10 days we spent at Disney this year,
None of these things remain; the bag will be here forever.
Thanks again, you really made Christmas special."

WIFE LIKES TO TALK ABOUT IT....
QUOTED FROM THE WEBSITE "BAGSNOB"
"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, thank you for the wonderful gift!…because, without you, my husband would not have been able to give me this absolutely beautiful Vert Fonce Birkin bag for Christmas. I’m the lucky girl in this story! It is the most gorgeous bag I have ever laid eyes on. The green is a dark, rich color (lovely) and goes with a lot of my wardrobe. I never knew it was possible to fall in love with a purse, but I think I have…I mean I have Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chloe, Chanel bags but they don’t evoke the same emotion...! I went to bed thinking about it and the smell (it’s intoxicating). I put it to sleep in its box and pillow and lovingly covered it with the tissue paper it came in. Safe and sound. I am a really lucky woman to have this husband and to have this purse! I told him I’d be wearing it when I become an old granny and I’ll tell everyone who asks that my husband bought me my first Birkin! – my only thought was, ooh, now I need to get another one because which one of my two daughters is going to get this one? For any husbands out there reading, if you can, GET THIS BAG FOR YOUR WIFE, she will fall in love with you all over again, I promise. It is over the top, but what else are you going to spend your hard earned money on? I said it was too much, but he said it was worth it and I deserved it. He is the best. Even though it is expensive, even he was musing at how beautiful and luxurious it was, “look at the exquisite stitching”. Did I mention the smell?
Well, this explains why you, Bagsnob, called me and asked me about green purses. And, I thought the bagsnob was asking me for an opinion about a purse SHE was going to buy! Don’t think I’ll be putting any files or baby bottles in this bag. You are sneaky and clever and we love you! Thanks for lending a helping hand and for such a wonderful surprise."

And just in case you want to read more about how to covet your handbag and treat it as if were your firstborn child....

Gag...





3 comments:

  1. More like a $5 handbag. :)
    New follower from Hop along friday
    http://sweettmakesthree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better put all of that in quotes! They might try to sue you for plagiarism! LOL What a joke! Instead of coveting handbags, maybe they can donate that to the poor people (like me) whose children have to go barefoot since they cannot afford Pedipeds! Oh wait! Never mind! We have those amazingly adorable shoes called JEMOS! Affordable and have an amazing fit!

    This is really a joke. Greedy people like that should be forced to give it all away to people who are living on the streets and have no food to put in their children's mouths....thousand dollar hand bags and you are trying to sue family owned companies...makes me sick! But then again...it is all about corporate. People like that don't feel.

    Love your blog already girl! ;)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to It's Freakin' Friday! I'm your newest follower, and hopefully I'll see you next week!

    Anestazia
    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete